Hampshire's Ceilidh Band
Bowreed are Hampshire’s favourite ceilidh band. We fuse a deep love of traditional dance with our unique modern sound – your guests won’t be able to keep away from the dance floor! From military bases to wedding venues, we have proven ourselves as Hampshire’s most professional, energetic ceilidh band.
We would love to hear from you about your event, so don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
WHY HAVE A CEILIDH?
We've been playing ceilidhs as long as we can remember. Here's a short video explaining why a ceilidh dance is the perfect entertainment for your guests, whatever the event.
Get in touch with Fred today to secure your booking and discover the magic of ceilidh dancing for yourself!
Bowreed: Hampshire’s Ceilidh Band
We always go the extra mile to make your ceilidh a night to remember. Once you book us for your event, we’ll work in the background, curating a hand-picked program of dances guaranteed to get everyone dancing. All you need worry about is where you put those dancing shoes.
All our members are passionate about ceilidh dancing, and love nothing more than to get your guests up on the dance floor for an evening of all-inclusive fun. Don’t believe us? read our five star reviews here!
Dance the Night Away
Can’t decide between disco and a ceilidh? You shouldn’t have to! That’s why we offer unparalleled ceilidh and disco packages. Have your fill of traditional dancing, then dance into the small hours to our professional DJ equipment. Thanks to our amazing kit, we can take even the most obscure requests on the night. We also come with a full lighting rig, washing the dance floor with funky effects.
- Experienced professional ceilidh band, with a fabulous night of dancing
- 2 x 60 minute sets of ceilidh dancing
- Massive dance repertoire, featuring all your old favourites and some new
- Top of the range PA and stage lighting
- PAT tested equipment and Public Liability Insurance
- Friendly bookings manager on hand to help you through planning and booking your ceilidh
- Personalised disco service after live sets
- Acoustic duo (fiddle and guitar) to accompany drinks receptions and dinners
- Solo fiddle player to accompany your wedding ceremony
- Ceilidh/covers combinations - dance to our traditional picks and your greatest hits!
What’s a Ceilidh?
The meaning of ceilidh is simple: an evening of delightful dancing to a live band. We use experienced callers to take you through all the steps. When the music starts, so do you!
It’s a great way for your guests to cut loose and have some fun. Ceilidh dancing is perfect for weddings and parties, as nobody is left out and it gets everyone moving. There is a reason people have been ceilidh dancing for thousands of years.
We specialise in Scottish, Irish and English ceilidh. By special request, we can even perform as an American barn dance band.