London's Ceilidh Band
Bowreed are London’s favourite ceilidh band. We’re a traditional band with a modern twist. Whether it’s your wedding, birthday or corporate event, Bowreed are the best band in town. Don’t believe us? Our five star testimonials are all the proof you need. Contact us to find out why we’re the finest London ceilidh band!
WHY HAVE A CEILIDH?
We've been playing ceilidhs as long as we can remember. Here's a short video explaining why a ceilidh dance is the perfect entertainment for your guests, whatever the event.
Get in touch with Fred today to secure your booking and discover the magic of ceilidh dancing for yourself!
Bowreed: London’s Ceilidh Band
London’s where it all began for us. We formed in Camden and have been playing in our hometown ever since. We are made up of the top traditional musicians in London, and are the best at what we do. Not only are we London’s favourite ceilidh band, but we also provide a jaw-dropping disco for the small hours. Dance till you drop with our professional lighting rig and disco equipment. Bowreed really are you one-stop-shop for entertainment!
- Experienced professional ceilidh band, with a fabulous night of dancing
- 2 x 60 minute sets of ceilidh dancing
- Massive dance repertoire, featuring all your old favourites and some new
- Top of the range PA and stage lighting
- PAT tested equipment and Public Liability Insurance
- Friendly bookings manager on hand to help you through planning and booking your ceilidh
- Personalised disco service after live sets
- Acoustic duo (fiddle and guitar) to accompany drinks receptions and dinners
- Solo fiddle player to accompany your wedding ceremony
- Ceilidh/covers combinations - dance to our traditional picks and your greatest hits!
What’s a Ceilidh?
The meaning of ceilidh is simple: an evening of delightful dancing to a live band. We use experienced callers to take you through all the steps. When the music starts, so do you!
It’s a great way for your guests to cut loose and have some fun. Ceilidh dancing is perfect for weddings and parties, as nobody is left out and it gets everyone moving. There is a reason people have been ceilidh dancing for thousands of years.
We specialise in Scottish, Irish and English ceilidh. By special request, we can even perform as an American barn dance band.