Oxford's Ceilidh Band
Bowreed is Oxford’s ceilidh band. We are made of the cream of Oxford’s musicians and are guaranteed to get your guests dancing. You will be left buzzing after a magical evening of traditional dance with your Oxford ceilidh band, Bowreed. Get in touch for a quote today.
WHY HAVE A CEILIDH?
We've been playing ceilidhs as long as we can remember. Here's a short video explaining why a ceilidh dance is the perfect entertainment for your guests, whatever the event.
Get in touch with Fred today to secure your booking and discover the magic of ceilidh dancing for yourself!
Bowreed: Oxford's Ceilidh Band
Oxford has a strong dance tradition, and it’s one that we’ve been part of from day one. You can find us at the Oxford Folk Weekend, performing in one of Oxford’s colleges or simply playing tunes in a local pub. We know Oxford inside out, and are always happy to give advice on venues. If you’re as passionate about dancing as we are, feel free to request specific dances!
Dance the Night Away
Can’t decide between disco and a ceilidh? You shouldn’t have to! That’s why we offer unparalleled ceilidh and disco packages. Have your fill of traditional dancing, then dance into the small hours to our professional DJ equipment. Thanks to our amazing kit, we can take even the most obscure requests on the night. We also come with a full lighting rig, washing the dance floor with funky effects.
- Experienced professional ceilidh band, with a fabulous night of dancing
- 2 x 60 minute sets of ceilidh dancing
- Massive dance repertoire, featuring all your old favourites and some new
- Top of the range PA and stage lighting
- PAT tested equipment and Public Liability Insurance
- Friendly bookings manager on hand to help you through planning and booking your ceilidh
- Personalised disco service after live sets
- Acoustic duo (fiddle and guitar) to accompany drinks receptions and dinners
- Solo fiddle player to accompany your wedding ceremony
- Ceilidh/covers combinations - dance to our traditional picks and your greatest hits!
What’s a Ceilidh?
The meaning of ceilidh is simple: an evening of delightful dancing to a live band. We use experienced callers to take you through all the steps. When the music starts, so do you!
It’s a great way for your guests to cut loose and have some fun. Ceilidh dancing is perfect for weddings and parties, as nobody is left out and it gets everyone moving. There is a reason people have been ceilidh dancing for thousands of years.
We specialise in Scottish, Irish and English ceilidh. By special request, we can even perform as an American barn dance band.