Somerset's Ceilidh Band
Welcome to the online home of Somerset ceilidh band, Bowreed. We’re a traditional ceilidh band with a fresh, modern sound. We’d love to hear from you regarding your event. Contact us to find out why we’re Somerset’s leading ceilidh band!
Read our five star testimonials from past dancers. With our flexible, professional ceilidh packages, we’ll find a way to make your event magical.
WHY HAVE A CEILIDH?
We've been playing ceilidhs as long as we can remember. Here's a short video explaining why a ceilidh dance is the perfect entertainment for your guests, whatever the event.
Get in touch with Fred today to secure your booking and discover the magic of ceilidh dancing for yourself!
Bowreed: Somerset’s Ceilidh Band
Having a ceilidh is the perfect way to entertain your guests.What else gets everyone up on the floor and dancing together? Suitable for all ages and abilities, ceilidh dancing binds everyone together and forges lifelong friendships. In addition to traditional dancing, we can provide background music, adding a traditional flair to your event. After the ceilidh, we can turn our rig into a disco outfit, meaning Bowreed are your one-stop-shop for evening entertainment.
Dance the Night Away
Can’t decide between disco and a ceilidh? You shouldn’t have to! That’s why we offer unparalleled ceilidh and disco packages. Have your fill of traditional dancing, then dance into the small hours with our disco equipment. Thanks to our amazing kit, we can take even the most obscure requests on the night. We also come with a lighting rig, washing the dance floor with funky effects.
- Experienced professional ceilidh band, with a fabulous night of dancing
- 2 x 60 minute sets of ceilidh dancing
- Massive dance repertoire, featuring all your old favourites and some new
- Top of the range PA and stage lighting
- PAT tested equipment and Public Liability Insurance
- Friendly bookings manager on hand to help you through planning and booking your ceilidh
- Personalised disco service after live sets
- Acoustic duo (fiddle and guitar) to accompany drinks receptions and dinners
- Solo fiddle player to accompany your wedding ceremony
- Ceilidh/covers combinations - dance to our traditional picks and your greatest hits!
What’s a Ceilidh?
The meaning of ceilidh is simple: an evening of delightful dancing to a live band. We use experienced callers to take you through all the steps. When the music starts, so do you!
It’s a great way for your guests to cut loose and have some fun. Ceilidh dancing is perfect for weddings and parties, as nobody is left out and it gets everyone moving. There is a reason people have been ceilidh dancing for thousands of years.
We specialise in Scottish, Irish and English ceilidh. By special request, we can even perform as an American barn dance band.