IS YOUR EVENT AFFECTED BY CORONAVIRUS?
As a ceilidh band, Bowreed have been hit particularly hard by COVID-19. The hands-on nature of a ceilidh dance makes it tricky while the infection is prevalent. If you have an event booked in the coming months, or you are considering booking with us, then read on.
Postponing your Ceilidh
If your event is being held in August 2020, we strongly advise you postpone to a later date. The process for this is very straightforward. Your deposit is still valid for the rescheduled date, and there are no fees required from you to move your ceilidh. You will be supplied with a fresh contract reflecting the changed date. Be sure to read the contract carefully, as we may have altered the wording since your booking.
Cancelling your Ceilidh
While we strongly suggest postponing your ceilidh to a later date, we understand that this isn’t always possible. If you have made a booking with us that cannot go ahead, get in touch and we’ll be there to help you.
What Can We Provide?
If you’d like to go ahead with your event and want us to be a part of it, we have a variety of services we can offer as of August 2020. According to government guidelines we can provide either of the following:
- Small, outdoor performances of traditional music and song
- PA hire and DJ service
If in doubt, it is best to check with your venue, as their stances can vary. We have carefully managed our approach to performance in line with government guidelines, which you may read about below.
On 26 June, the government published a five-stage ‘roadmap’ to bring back live performance safely. The stages are:
- Stage One: Rehearsal and training (no audiences)
- Stage Two: Performances for broadcast and recording purposes
- Stage Three: Performances outdoors with an audience and pilots for indoor performances with a limited socially-distanced audience
- Stage Four: Performances allowed indoors and outdoors (but with a limited socially-distanced audience indoors)
- Stage Five: Performances allowed indoors / outdoors (with a fuller audience indoors)
As of 15/8/20 we are on stage four. We been working hard to prepare for stages four and five to bring back ceilidh dancing in as safe a way as possible. At a bare minimum, we have committed to the following:
- All band members wearing masks and PPE where necessary
- The caller will wear a face shield
- Stage set back at least 4 metres from the audience
- All participants will be strongly advised to wear face masks
- All dances will be adapted for ‘bubbles’ and social distancing indoors
- ‘Bubble’ dancing spots will be clearly marked with tape
We are keeping a close eye on government guidance and changing our approach where necessary. One thing you can be sure of is that we are taking the situation very seriously and are open to feedback.
We are still taking bookings for late 2020 and beyond, so do get in touch for a quote. As a show of good faith, we have reduced all prices by 10%, so now is the perfect time to book with us! Our contracts have robust coronavirus protections in place for you, so you can relax and look forward to your ceilidh.
We wish you all the best in these uncertain times, and can’t wait to see you soon
- Fred and the Bowreed team