Manchester's Ceilidh Band
We are Bowreed, Manchester’s favourite ceilidh band. Our music is a mix of traditional tunes with a modern flair. We’d love to come and play for your event, so do get in touch for a quote.
Bowreed can perform for any event. Whether you’re having a wedding, corporate function or birthday party, there is no event too large or small for a ceilidh!
WHY HAVE A CEILIDH?
We've been playing ceilidhs as long as we can remember. Here's a short video showcasing some of our music & testimonials. A ceilidh dance is the perfect entertainment for your guests, whatever the event.
Get in touch with Fred today to secure your booking and discover the magic of ceilidh dancing for yourself!
Bowreed: Manchester's Ceilidh Band
Bowreed is Manchester’s leading ceilidh band. Our professional music and stage presence will get all your guests up on the dance floor. We are an energetic, charismatic and fun band to dance to and have played all kinds of events, from weddings to corporate functions. There aren’t many venues in Manchester we’ve not played, from Bridgewater Hall to village halls! We would love to perform for you, so get in touch for a no obligation quote.
Dance the Night Away
Can’t decide between disco and a ceilidh? You shouldn’t have to! That’s why we offer unparalleled ceilidh and disco packages. Have your fill of traditional dancing, then dance into the small hours to our professional DJ equipment. Thanks to our amazing kit, we can take even the most obscure requests on the night. We also come with a full lighting rig, washing the dance floor with funky effects.
- Experienced professional ceilidh band, with a fabulous night of dancing
- 2 x 60 minute sets of ceilidh dancing
- Massive dance repertoire, featuring all your old favourites and some new
- Top of the range PA and stage lighting
- PAT tested equipment and Public Liability Insurance
- Friendly bookings manager on hand to help you through planning and booking your ceilidh
- Personalised disco service after live sets
- Acoustic duo (fiddle and guitar) to accompany drinks receptions and dinners
- Solo fiddle player to accompany your wedding ceremony
- Ceilidh/covers combinations - dance to our traditional picks and your greatest hits!
What’s a Ceilidh?
The meaning of ceilidh is simple: an evening of delightful dancing to a live band. We use experienced callers to take you through all the steps. When the music starts, so do you!
It’s a great way for your guests to cut loose and have some fun. Ceilidh dancing is perfect for weddings and parties, as nobody is left out and it gets everyone moving. There is a reason people have been ceilidh dancing for thousands of years.
We specialise in Scottish, Irish and English ceilidh. By special request, we can even perform as an American barn dance band.